• Shape your future

  • Explore the world

  • Set yourself apart

University of Salford

  • The University of Salford is a friendly, vibrant and pioneering University. They continually invest in their campus, facilities and industry partnerships to ensure the student experience is enhanced.Salford is an ambitious University, with 20,000 students contributing enormously to the local economy. The University transforms individuals and communities through excellent teaching, research, innovation and engagement. Each year Salford welcomes over 3,000 international students.Salford University is a leader in the areas of health, energy, media and the built environment and is closely connected with business and industry partners.

  • Salford is a city and metropolitan borough of Greater Manchester, England. The University of Salford campus is walking distance from the Manchester city centre.With two cities on your doorstep, you?ll never be short of things to do or places to go while you?re studying at Salford.Salford is the closest university to Manchester United Football Club and Old Trafford cricket ground so you won?t have far to go to catch a good match.As the Greater Manchester area is packed full of students, you?ll find that the area has a great mix of music, nightlife, restaurants and culture.

  • ?Bar Yours? is run by the Student Union and is based on campus. The bar features three pool tables and a large projection screen for sports matches. The bar also hosts regular comedy nights, trivia nights and other social events for students to take part in.


Main areas of study

The listed areas of study are not necessarily exhaustive and other fields of study might also be available at the partner institution. Moreover, names for fields of study may be different overseas.A discipline being listed does not in indicate the suitability of the program, nor does it indicate that the discipline is taught in English.Approval to study particular subjects at any institution is always at the discretion of the departmental/discipline and faculty advisors at RMIT University and subject to available places at the host institution.

Language requirements

Programs are taught in English.

Additional information


Listed study areas

  • Accounting
  • Aerospace engineering and aviation
  • Animation
  • Architecture
  • Biomedical sciences
  • Biotechnology and biological sciences
  • Business administration and Law
  • Business IT, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
  • Chemistry
  • Civil engineering
  • Communication, journalism and media
  • Computer science
  • Construction and project management
  • Design innovation and technology
  • Economics, Finance and Marketing
  • Electrical and electronic engineering
  • Fashion and textiles
  • Fine and visual art
  • Games and interactive media
  • Graphic and communication design
  • Human Resource Management
  • Industrial, furniture and product design
  • Information and security
  • Interior design
  • International Business
  • International studies
  • Justice and legal
  • Languages, translating and interpreting
  • Management
  • Mathematics, statistics and analytics
  • Mechanical and automotive engineering
  • Medical radiations
  • Music and audiovisual
  • Nursing and allied health
  • Pharmacy
  • Photography
  • Physics
  • Property and valuation
  • Psychology
  • Public policy
  • Screen and media
  • Social work
  • Software engineering
  • Sports science
  • Surveying and geospatial sciences
  • Telecommunications engineering
  • Transport Systems Engineering
  • Workplace health and safety
  • Writing, Editing and Publishing

Full time load





15 credits =

RMIT credit points



There are on-campus and off-campus options for exchange students.

Health insurance

The UK has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.

Living cost

Salford advises students to budget for a minimum of ?7,200 per exchange semester. This amount should cover accommodation, food, entertainment, transport, books, insurance, laundry etc.

More information


Exchange students need a visa to study in the UK.You may require a Student Visitor visa (https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa) or a Tier 4 visa (https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa), depending on the length of your exchange program and your own individual requirements. Visit the UK Border Agency website to find out which visa you need: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/In general, a Tier 4 visa is required for a yearlong exchange, and a student visitor visa is required for a semester-long exchange. However, please note that immigration requirements are subject to change. It is recommended that you visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/ for the most updated information.

Further information is available here.

Partner grading scale

Medium demand

RMIT at Salford

Check out what RMIT students are doing at Salford

Your say

  • You will learn more about yourself in one semester, than the rest of your time spent at university combined.

    Dominic Chambers
    Dominic Chambers
    All student testimonials
  • Absolutely get involved, don't be shy. Don't always follow the pack - if there's something YOU want to do, do it!

    Thomas Ryan
    Thomas Ryan
    All student testimonials