• Shape your future

  • Explore the world

  • Set yourself apart

Glasgow Caledonian University

  • Glasgow Caledonian University has become one of the largest universities in Scotland with nearly 17,000 students. The University benefits from a diverse student population, with international students from over 100 different countries. The campus is situated right in the centre of the lively city of Glasgow.Glasgow Caledonian University has an established reputation for providing high-quality teaching, learning and research, which dates back to its foundation in 1875. Each academic program is designed to offer students an effective combination of academic study and practical experience.The University is made up of three academic schools ? School of Health and Life Sciences, Glasgow School for Business and Society and School of Engineering and Built Environment. Each school contains state-of-the-art laboratories and a number of renowned centres of excellence. Glasgow Caledonian University prides itself?on providing a friendly, modern and effective learning environment for all students.

  • With its heady mix of culture, architecture, music, nightlife, shopping and sport, not to mention its friendly residents, Glasgow has everything a student needs. Accessible, affordable and multicultural, this is a great city for students from all backgrounds and cultures. Loved by residents and tourists alike, Glasgow was even listed by Lonely Planet as one of the top 10 cities in the world.

  • The ?Arc? is a bright, modern health and fitness centre on campus that plays host to affordable classes and activities, a dance studio, a hair salon and a spa.


Main areas of study

The listed areas of study are not necessarily exhaustive and other fields of study might also be available at the partner institution. Moreover, names for fields of study may be different overseas.A discipline being listed does not in indicate the suitability of the program, nor does it indicate that the discipline is taught in English.Approval to study particular subjects at any institution is always at the discretion of the departmental/discipline and faculty advisors at RMIT University and subject to available places at the host institution.

RMIT students can apply to any compatible discipline, except for Interior Design.

Students must select the modules from the same Department only.

Language requirements

Programs are taught in English.

Additional information


Listed study areas

  • Accounting
  • Animation
  • Biomedical sciences
  • Biotechnology and biological sciences
  • Business administration and Law
  • Business IT, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
  • Chemical engineering
  • Chemistry
  • Civil engineering
  • Commerce
  • Communication, journalism and media
  • Computer engineering
  • Computer science
  • Construction and project management
  • Design innovation and technology
  • Economics, Finance and Marketing
  • Electrical and electronic engineering
  • Engineering management
  • Environment and planning
  • Environmental science
  • Fashion and textiles
  • Fine and visual art
  • Food science and technology
  • Games and interactive media
  • Graphic and communication design
  • Human Resource Management
  • Industrial, furniture and product design
  • Information and security
  • Information technology
  • International Business
  • International studies
  • Justice and legal
  • Languages, translating and interpreting
  • Management
  • Mathematics, statistics and analytics
  • Mechanical and automotive engineering
  • Mechatronics and manufacturing systems engineering
  • Medical radiations
  • Merchandising
  • Music and audiovisual
  • Nursing and allied health
  • Pharmacy
  • Photography
  • Physics
  • Process Engineering

Full time load





15 credits =

RMIT credit points



On-campus accommodation is available at Caledonian Court.Students who wish to apply must submit an application directly. To check on the status of an application you can contact the Accommodation Office on +44 141 331 3980 or accommodation@gcu.ac.uk.

Further information is available here

Health insurance

The UK has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia.

Further information is available here

More information


Exchange students need a visa to study in the UK.You may require a Student Visitor visa (https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa) or a Tier 4 visa (https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa), depending on the length of your exchange program and your own individual requirements. Visit the UK Border Agency website to find out which visa you need: http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/doineedvisa/In general, a Tier 4 visa is required for a yearlong exchange, and a student visitor visa is required for a semester-long exchange. However, please note that immigration requirements are subject to change. It is recommended that you visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/studying/ for the most updated information.

Further information is available here.

Partner grading scale

Low demand


Check out what RMIT students are doing at GCU

Your say

  • You will learn more about yourself in one semester, than the rest of your time spent at university combined.

    Dominic Chambers
    Dominic Chambers
    All student testimonials
  • Absolutely get involved, don't be shy. Don't always follow the pack - if there's something YOU want to do, do it!

    Thomas Ryan
    Thomas Ryan
    All student testimonials